Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saint Valentine's Day in Korea~

In Korea, Valentine’s Day is ‘celebrated’ completely differently; it’s all but a meaningless holiday.
Here, on the fourteenth of February the girls give chocolate to the boys. But not vice versa! Nice. Very nice. Now, unfortunately, I don't have a secret admirer to give me chocolates. On the other hand, my kids came up trumps. Every girl I teach had something for me. It wasn't always much, but sometimes it was. Boxes of chocolates, Belgian chocolates, big chocolates. At the start of the day I thought I could eat each "round" of chocolates in the five minute break after each class. Boy was I ever wrong.



Celebrated on March 14th in Korea. This is not a recognizable day in America, but in Korea White day is an important part of the cutlure. To celebrate White Day, men normally buy women candy and lucky men will take one special lady out to dinner. I heard White Day is also celebrated in Japan from my Japanese friends.


Many people make chocolate on Valnetine day. Also I like make the chocolate and I made the chocolate for my girlfriend in Korea.
I made chocolate with strawberries and bananas.
Makeing the chocolate was very easy and various becasue chocolate had lover's love and sincere.
Let's make the chocolate for lover!!








No comments:

Post a Comment